Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
Myofascial Compression Techniques (MCT) are TriggerPoint's revolutionary form of self myofascial release that systematically restore tissue elasticity and enhance fluidity and function, resulting in pain reduction, reduced risk of injury, and performance enhancement. MCT can be utilized with a wide array of clients from the weekend warrior to the advanced athlete.
MCT programming includes specific programming for general areas of the body, including the Ultimate 6+. These techniques can be used in conjunction with a movement assessment or based off of specific training protocols.
This course will take you through the Ultimate 6+ areas as defined by TriggerPoint. The Ultimate 6 are the six muscles (Soleus, Quadriceps, Psoas, Piriformis, Pectorals, Thoracic Spine) that have the greatest influence on biomechanics. By releasing these six keys muscles, your body can achieve structural integrity, thus creating a platform for optimal performance and injury prevention. This course also includes what are referred to as the "plus" areas. The plus categories (Calf, Soleus/Calf, Anterior Tibialis, Perononeus, Inner Quad / VMO, Latissimus Dorsi) also play a major role in movement and will add to the overall effectiveness of treating the body systematically.
This course is designed to give you an understanding of how to use the TriggerPoint Performance Kit Collection to address total body mobility. Please make sure you hae purchased one of the TriggerPoint Kit Collections (Performance or Wellness) via www.tptherapy.com or one of our retailers before completing this course.
1. Download the Myofascial Compression Techniques manual. Review this manual to learn the anatomy of the Ultimate 6+ areas as well as background on common dysfunctions and injuries.
2. Watch the release videos. Watch each release video and use the QuadBaller, FootBaller and Baller Block, or TP Massage Ball(s) to complete the release. Download the supplemental handout to learn the programming for rolling the musculature surrounding each area.
3. Complete the exam to test your knowledge of the background and programming.
4. Practice the releases that you learned in the videos so that you can properly execute the programming and teach your clients how to use the TriggerPoint products to prepare for movement.
5. Advance your TriggerPoint education. Enroll in other online courses or check out our live, professional education courses to learn more about TriggerPoint products and programming, practice with a Master Trainer, earn CECs, and provide additional value to your clients by keeping them mobile and injury fee.
|Myofascial Compression Techniques Foundations |